Lisadell Equine Hospital, Co. Meath, Ireland – Equine Vet required – 12/6/22
We are a purpose-built, independent, equine only hospital and ambulatory practice located 30min from Dublin Airport. We are seeking an additional vet to join our growing team of 7 vets, 3 interns, 2 surgeons and super support staff.
The ideal candidate would have 5 years or more experience in equine practice and be an excellent communicator with interest and experience in stud practice and or sales / racing / poor performance. There is scope to develop your own interests in the practice and all the facilities and equipment to follow up your own cases and do a really great job.
Our caseload is primarily racing and performance horses with plenty of stud work and some leisure horse clientele. The role to be filled is primarily ambulatory but will be flexible with involvement in inpatient care, surgery or hospital based cases and work ups depending on your interests.
Our purpose built hospital is equipped with everything we can think of (portable wireless DR radiography, ultrasound, gastroscopy, videoendoscopy, shockwave, medical laser, overground endoscopy etc.) to help you work up your cases but if there’s something you need to offer our clients a better service, we will get it!
Equine practice can be hard work so we really try to support a work life balance:
- 4.5 day working week with Friday off in lieu following weekend on call
- On call rota equally shared to equivalent 1:5 – 1:6
- Holidays 20 days plus bank holidays
- CPD fully funded with no budget, if you justify it, we will pay for it. Certificates fully supported.
- VCI, VDS, IEVA and BEVA memberships paid for.
- Company Vehicle provided (or mileage if you prefer to run your own).
- Salary commensurate with experience but Euro 60k+ for someone experienced with the right fit. Long term prospects for the right person in our proudly independent practice.
If you think you might be interested, please get in touch and we’d be delighted to discuss how we can make this the right role for you!
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or see www.lisadellequinehospital.com for more details.